Monday, May 27, 2019

CRUEL INDIFFERENCE

You're going to feel anger, disbelief and the urge to find these people and curse them out.  Loudly.  WATCH it, then I'll tell you what you're really seeing.  It happened in the City of Brotherly Love, Philly:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2144351/shocking-moment-a-man-is-robbed-while-he-has-a-seizure-at-busy-supermarket-but-not-all-is-what-it-seems/

What you just saw was a social experiment in how people react to certain situations.  You'll notice the man prepared for his "seizure" then fell down - looked so real.  Sadly, people either ignored him or gathered to stare.  Then the worst thing, a "thief" comes by to rob the stricken epileptic and took his wallet.  Notice how he was able to walk out of Walmart with no one doing a thing.  This social experiment was set up to gauge peoples' instinct to help, to feel compassion for another human.  I wish it had been different, but I don't believe this is how all humans act toward each other.  In my heart, I know good people are all over the world, ready to offer help and support to anyone who needs it.  Where were those people on this day?  WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?  

2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

...since I have been in a situation similar to the one you describe, I can honestly reply that I would have done what I could have to help a brother out...

Cathy said...

I'm very encouraged to know that, Mark. Good karma!