Monday, May 8, 2006

"This New Day"

Thank you, God, for this new day, I'd thank you for it anyway -

but this new day is special, for, it follows one which is no more.

Thank you for each leg, each foot, as one before the next I put.

Thank you for these eyes to see the glory of your Majesty.

Humble me with my small cross, make me grateful in my loss,

for I am but Humanity, in all its great diversity.

I look upon the sandy shore to find the whys and wheretofore,

the answers to my questions lay in all I do and all I say -

So I will speak of Thee, my Lord, I will read Your Word, My God

Be it mosque or highest steeple, I will gather with your people.

Today I give the world my best, and it returns to me to rest,

and I have been so very blessed as all my riches can attest.

 Thank You God, for this new day, I'd thank you for it anyway

as one more night you pulled me through, I want to spend this day with You.

csr

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!
That was beautiful =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

wow uh Ludie
what is the background of your termendously strong faith?anything special happen?
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

It is good to give thanks in everything!  While we are all a child of God's creation who he deeply loves and cares for, we are not all God's people.  Jesus clearly stated I am the way, the truth, the life.  No man comes unto the Father but through me.  It all boils down to who you declare Jesus to be.  Just a good man?  A prophet of God?  Or the one and only son of God, a spotless Lamb who shed His blood for our sins that we may be forgiven and have eternal life  and fellowship with the Father?  Only one answer makes you an heir with him in his kingdom.  Only one answer is God's Way to save his children of creation, full of unrighteousness, and bring them back to Him.  -  Barbara