Saturday, May 3, 2008

Star Trek Goofie

You ever watch old Star Trek episodes?  As always, Mr. Rodenberry was so far ahead of his time.  But I have to laugh at the simple gaffe the screen-writers made, time and again on that show:

Say the crew is on some planet, for instance the one that had "The Guardian" in it, remember her?  She had a soft voice and no form, just this flickering light.  When she inhabited the body of the female crew member who died, one of the things she asked to do was walk.  "Let me feel the earth beneath my feet" she said.  HEY you're not ON earth honey!  lol they do this time and again, it's too funny.  Hey Stevie?  LL&P it's just a joke! 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my starlady. That's funny. I love things like that! Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Oh that is funny and I wouldn't have thought of that had you not brought it to my attention.  I love to find things in movies or show that are inconsistant (change of clothes, cigarrette or drink full or new..etc).  I haven't seen an old Star Trek episode in ages ~ would love to see one again.
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I can't think of any primary examples but I get to catch these little tidbits in old movies all the time with my close captioning. It's kind of hard to hide the script when you see it writing...Thanks for the smile today hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

OK that was funny!  I was a kid when I used to watch them.  Haven't watch any reruns.  I wonder if I would have picked that up!

~Rosemary