Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pondering In The Past


There comes a time when a person just needs to PONDER, you know? I was doing that today, (note: "today" was in October of 2006, this is a repost) and arrived at some redundancies, pedadilloes, assorted lunacies and just plain funnies. Think about this:

How redundant are these:

Moisturizing mouth wash

Spray-on salad dressing

Plans for a WALL to be built around our southern border (true!)

Infant-sized safety equipment (tiny helmets, mini-knee pads, etc) think about what this mother is planning for her baby!

A guy is robbing a store, puts a PLASTIC bag over his head, goes in and demands the dough. That's - plastic!!! TV news, can't beat it.

Some things I actually heard:

"I knew it was dangerous before I tried it."

"There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers." (I swear, this was an adult!)

"Although the jockey fell off the horse, the judges have ruled that if it gets past the finish line, a rider-less horse still wins the race."

Biggest quote gaffe of all time

"One step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Now, you'd THINK we'd get it right for the first MOON LANDING for Pete's sake but nooo, I think Mr. Armstrong was so nervous about little green men coming at him with ray guns he just forgot that all important "a" in "one step for a man"...etc. Redundant gaffe.

Actual Everyday Sayings I Got Mixed Up As a Kid

KILLER BE KILLED ("Kill or be killed")

STICKY END OF THE SHORTS (I couldn't find "the short end of the stick" nor grasp why it would be bad luck - to me, REAL bad luck would be the reverse - having sticky ended shorts)

HEY, LET'S STALK ("Hey, Let's Talk")

MEN WALK PAST GIRLS MADE OF GLASS (ok laugh)

5 comments:

Amelia said...

Funny stuff! *M*

~Rebecca Anne~ said...

The play on words can get rather interesting, in both great ways, disturbing ways and of couse, laughable ways.

I do love to tamper with words, sentences and meanings, so this is a post I could always adore.
Rebecca

Big Mark 243 said...

Uh, I actually think the "I knew it was dangerous before I tried it," is legitimate. From losing ones virginity, to rushing into a building destined to fall and inviting the risk of death ...

... but that is me, I guess.

natalie said...

wow so many expressions!
redundancy seems to be becoming more popular don't you think?
hope you are getting ready for the holidays and I hope that they will be great!
hugs,natalie

Jeannette said...

Well I did laugh, very funny.