Sunday, January 16, 2011

Conversation

Between me (Cathy) and my brother (Chris)

First posted April 26, 2007 - some of you will remember this - just for laughs.

```````````````````````````````````````````````

Chris looked at me. "I just had a cup of that new de-caffinated stuff." he said.

"No", I retorted, "that's the condition of a cow who just gave birth. De-CALF-inated. See?"

Silence.

"What...?" Chris said. "And I suppose Russians get their milk from MosCOWS?! Cathy, you're nuts."

"Yeah", I concurred.

Chris started walking away.

"Awwww, don't be so cow-towed, Chris!" I yelled. He walked faster.

"So where ya going, huh? The mooo-vies?"

Now he kicked into a full run, stiffling giggles. I couldn't resist.

"Gee Chris, you're so mooo-dy." I shouted. "Come on, wait up! I can't mooo-ve as fast as you!"

Distinct sounds of laughter coming from Chris now. He started to slow down, finally stopping with his hands on his knees, head bent down, trying to catch his breath.

"You're an idiot, Cath," he managed.

"Yeah, I know."

Chris looked pensive. "Hey, write those down, and any more you can think of, I have a friend who loves stuff like that."

I thought about it. "Is he a COWboy?" I asked

Moans from Chris. "No, he's a park supervisor."

"Does he look for moose? You know, MOO-se?" I asked with the devil's own smirk.

Chris turned from me, cupping his mouth.

"You think your COWboy friend herds MOO-se? What do they call guys like that, Mooseboys?" Chris's eyes were starting to water.

"Why would anyone need to herd Moose anyway? Why not owls? Say! If an owl got hit with an awl, would it hurt more?" I pondered. "What about a trowel?" I mused. "Why do owls hoot and wolves howl, do you think?" I looked straight at Chris.

He couldn't speak, his speech center was choked off by laughter.

"Howling owls, imagine ...." I said slowly, rubbing my chin.

Last I saw Chris, he was sitting at the table, writing something down.

6 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Sweet and funny. I think that it is cool that adults can still act like kids when all the pretense is stripped away. Enviable Cath. Oh, DON'T BE SUCH A STRANGER!!

Sharon said...

OMG Cathy that sounds like conversations in my house! Love it!

DB said...

What's wrong with Cris? Is he a COWard?

Lucy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your interest in astrology. As for facebook,In a way it is not just facebook. It is in part that seeing my screwed up son and his screwed up kids in Tx. really hurts. I seem unable to not see what alcohol has affected them all. My son and his wife, who finally got smart and divorced him That was about 10 years ago. They were here still together. My son oldest one,died of complications of MS at age 42. I asked him to home home and be pallbearer with his brothers and he did. He did not drink till they were in the privacy of their room but the day of the funeral he reeked of Vodka from the night before. I have got over that but for some reason shortly after his wife left him he has not spoke to me and the kids say they thought he quit drinking. In other words I have watched his kids mess up their lives. I will not see my son before I die and I am 81. Facebook has been confusing to me anyway and it is easier to go in and not click on anything but just observe. Sorry to be so long winded.

Gina said...

That was a funny post. I often find myself doing goofy things to make my family laugh. I often dance around silly to the music on the radio. The current stuff the younger generation listen to- and I happen to like as well. Let's just say the dancing isn't so pretty and the looks I get from the family members is PRICELESS. Laughter has been and always will be the BEST MEDICINE for life.

Cathy said...

Oh DB, I don't know how to COWch this...but great comment :-)