Thursday, July 27, 2006

Meteor Madness This Week

Skywatchers all, you probably got the alert but it may not be worth staying up late to watch, dern it all.  The Delta Aquarid Meteors will be bombarding our southern hemisphere all week, and because the moon is faint, and if we have very dark skies, you'll see meteors every few minutes.  This is really only for really staunch skywatchers since the show starts around midnight till 4:00 a.m., and Friday is the best day (night) to get a look.  It may not be as visible as hoped, thank you pollution, but certainly it's worth a mention.   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I got this alert.  I am an avid meteor watcher. lol  and thanks for leaving me your link. : )  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

wow I havent heard that .I'll be watching for them thanks

Blessings
angelrose

Anonymous said...

Didn't know! TY! ;)
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!  Wow, I got this JUST IN TIME!!!  It's Friday night!!  We have a telescope, my son and I used to love looking at the stars when he was little, haven't done that in awhile, maybe we'll go out to the desert tonight!

Thanks,
http://journals.aol.com/preciousone25/JoannsWeightLossJourney/
Joann