Monday, January 29, 2007

Jack and Jill And Other Paradoxes

Poor Jack and Jill. 

Jack and Jill was just an example to get your motor running.  Jill is a liar.  Jack, an honest dude, says, well, Jill you're a hooker.  Jill says, okay Jack, you're right, I'm a hooker.  But Jill lies, so....since Jack can't lie, I guess Jill is walking the streets. 

But if anyone can figure out that first paradox, I bow to you:  If the second statement says the first is true, and the first says the second is false, but the second says yeah but wait, I agree with the first statement - of course, I'm a false statement though.   So what the diddley am I?

For those valiant souls with a headache, on to the Tylenol and the next entry.  Quick!     

 

6 comments:

treesrgreen78 said...

This has me completely befuddled

luddie343 said...

Cathy 2 Trees:  I applaud your effort, and your honesty.  But I need some USEFUL information:  why do my houseplants all grow sideways instead of up?  ((#))

rockoned7 said...

The only paradox that comes to mind is that we all suffer to get well! My excuse anyways and that's why I still take the pills!
Now regarding the plants 2 reasons why:
1 you have purchased plants that are the drawf bush type or
2 try a larger deeper pot and support the plant by canes.
Only a suggestion Cathy lol

stevietwain said...

Hi Cathy!

Ok, I have no idea what this is about actually, but if Jill has told Jack that he's right about her being a hooker, does that not mean that Jill is being honest here as she tells Jack that he's right in his accusation?

Have I completely missed a point? lol!!

HEADACHE..

Love Stevie
xxxx

stevietwain said...

Ooh.....Ok, I'm back..LOL!!

Wait, if Jack tells the truth and Jill lies, then if Jill said she IS a hooker, doesn't that mean that she'd be lying, so she really isn't a hooker?

I'm confused. I'll show how I see it..lol!

'Jack, an honest dude, says, well, Jill you're a hooker.' - This is the truth, as Jack doesn't lie.

'Jill says, okay Jack, you're right, I'm a hooker.' - But if Jill lies, then she wouldn't say she WAS a hooker would she? If she was lying, surely she'd say 'No, I'm not a hooker'....LOL..I'm confused!!

Sorry for dragging this on waaaaay too long. It's been in my head since yesterday..lol!

xxxxx

be said...

華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,