Monday, January 29, 2007

Jack and Jill And Other Paradoxes

Poor Jack and Jill. 

Jack and Jill was just an example to get your motor running.  Jill is a liar.  Jack, an honest dude, says, well, Jill you're a hooker.  Jill says, okay Jack, you're right, I'm a hooker.  But Jill lies, so....since Jack can't lie, I guess Jill is walking the streets. 

But if anyone can figure out that first paradox, I bow to you:  If the second statement says the first is true, and the first says the second is false, but the second says yeah but wait, I agree with the first statement - of course, I'm a false statement though.   So what the diddley am I?

For those valiant souls with a headache, on to the Tylenol and the next entry.  Quick!     

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has me completely befuddled

Anonymous said...

Cathy 2 Trees:  I applaud your effort, and your honesty.  But I need some USEFUL information:  why do my houseplants all grow sideways instead of up?  ((#))

Anonymous said...

The only paradox that comes to mind is that we all suffer to get well! My excuse anyways and that's why I still take the pills!
Now regarding the plants 2 reasons why:
1 you have purchased plants that are the drawf bush type or
2 try a larger deeper pot and support the plant by canes.
Only a suggestion Cathy lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy!

Ok, I have no idea what this is about actually, but if Jill has told Jack that he's right about her being a hooker, does that not mean that Jill is being honest here as she tells Jack that he's right in his accusation?

Have I completely missed a point? lol!!

HEADACHE..

Love Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ooh.....Ok, I'm back..LOL!!

Wait, if Jack tells the truth and Jill lies, then if Jill said she IS a hooker, doesn't that mean that she'd be lying, so she really isn't a hooker?

I'm confused. I'll show how I see it..lol!

'Jack, an honest dude, says, well, Jill you're a hooker.' - This is the truth, as Jack doesn't lie.

'Jill says, okay Jack, you're right, I'm a hooker.' - But if Jill lies, then she wouldn't say she WAS a hooker would she? If she was lying, surely she'd say 'No, I'm not a hooker'....LOL..I'm confused!!

Sorry for dragging this on waaaaay too long. It's been in my head since yesterday..lol!

xxxxx