Sunday, August 24, 2008

Left Brain Right Brain

Okay I didn't forget, just got caught up in the business of life.  The little experiment of holding an object up to each eye and staring through the center for awhile, then noting which direction your eyes tend to move, shows you if you're right or left-brained.  If your eyes moved to the left, you're right-brained (so "they" say) and if to the right, you're left-brained.  There's some basic data for this, as many left-handed people looked to the right - meaning their left frontal lobe was more active.  The brain is so complex yet perfectly contained, isn't it?                 

              

It's normal to imagine our brain starts at the top of our head and ends at the bottom, but it's not so at all.  Your brain matter is directly behind your eyes, and ends around the middle of your skull.  Something like this:

                  

Image courtesy of photovault.            

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for you comment on my blog....I welcome all the opinions, and that's why I try so hard to not step over the line.  It's hard to do, when passions run hot and hard regarding this election.  I want to learn, I want to listen.  I'm not closed minded, but I do worry....I think we all do.  Thanks again, and I look forward to reading more of your blog!  Sue

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm not doing the experiment right, my eyes stay still... LOL!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I tried it several times but got no noticable results.  So I may have proved hubby's theory about loosing my mind.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I think it's even more amazing that we don't even use the vast percent of our brains capabilities. I wonder what happens in this experiment if your ambidextrious(sp?)...(hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Very interesting!
Lori

Anonymous said...

I'm a right brainer all the way lol

Missy

Anonymous said...

I lost my brain this week at work............ God, how I hate my job at the mo!
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

What if your left eye moves up and your right eye moves down?

:o)

Anonymous said...

Join the circus quickly as possible.  Money awaits.  

Anonymous said...

I've always suspected that my head was half-empty!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

     Cool!
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay