Friday, November 21, 2008

"The Wine of Autumn"



Under a tree do I love to sit
and peaceably watch as
it's leaves recommit
to colors of proud majesty -
All is Fall for me.

Not the loud winter,
not gentle, as spring,
not harsh as in summer,
not even by some, a noticed thing.

But this we call,
for perfect reason,
Fall.

It explodes in your eyes,
yet offers repose to your soul,
in staring at impossible skies.

Like spring - in a gentle rain of leaves,
Like summer - in the great expanse of trees,
Like winter - in the cooling free breeze,
the wine of Autumn embraces all.

And my joy at its appearance,
for no other season,
can I recall.

Cathy S. Rapicano
October, 2003

10 comments:

Indigo said...

A Beautiful poetic rendering of Falls glory dear one. Thank you for sharing. (Hugs)Indigo

Remo said...

Peace!

MISSY said...

You have an award in my blog:

Stop by to pick it up:

http://learningtoadapt.blogger.com

I'll be back by to read in a bit :)

ADM DESIGN'S said...

Beautiful poeM

Jeanie said...

Your poem is inspiring Cathy. Autumn is a glorious song of goodbye, until Spring.
I have missed my visits here with you. I am so glad I was able to call by.
Love
Jeanie xxx

MISSY said...

Hey Luddie, I just stopped back by to read your entry. That's a beautiful fall poem! You have a lot of talent. *M*

http://learningtoadapt.blogspot.com

Big Mark 243 said...

Nice poem ... trying to do for fall what Frost does for winter. Good job!

Barbara said...

I thouroughly enjoyed the poem! Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year, the time I feel most alive, despite the ragweed and it's effects.

Lori said...

VERY nice!

be said...

華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,