Sunday, September 30, 2018

MORE GRIEF TO EXPEL

Thoughts upon the Man I Loved as we Lay side by side,
on his bed, in his home,
and he drifted into sleep.
I felt a long breath escape from his lips.
There it was.
The man who died in my arms.
The man who held my heart and future.
The man I can't release.
The Dead Man.
MATTHEW


Like a friend who missed their cue,
I came in late at home with you -
Let me take you back with me
we'll feast upon our symphony.
You went too far and lost your way
then I committed one delay -
and in that hour you sealed my fate,
now sorrow waits at every gate.
And I forgot how sleep occurs
And I forgot the use of words
And I forgot that joy is gifted
I can't see my spirit lifted.
Constant tears have taken hold
of what was once a love untold,
Everywhere I see a shade
which hastens to make me afraid.
Ghosts have taken residence
inside my soul - I feel too tense,
loosen please this chain of fear
and come back home my dear.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Absolutely beautiful.